No matter the country you are in, there are common rules that guide driving behaviors. These are common safety measures while driving. It is important to obey them as they ensure the safety of the driver and the passengers.
We have highlighted some important rules for you to take note of. If you are a new driver, this would be important to you and if you have been driving for a while, this is a good way to remind yourself of your driving rules.
1. Watch your speed limit while driving: Most road accidents are caused by speed. It is important to obey speed limits while driving. Going over your speed limit increases the chances of road accidents while driving.
2. Do not drive if you are drunk: A negative effect of alcohol is that it reduces concentration. Increased alcohol levels can lead to blurry vision. Alcohol has also been a cause of many road accidents. When drunk it is safer not to be behind the wheel.
3. Avoid distractions while driving: Distractions while driving includes phone calls, eating, or talking with people in the vehicle. Whatever you do while driving, ensure that your eyes are fixed on the road at all times.
4. Always wear your seatbelt: Your seat belt is in the car to protect you. Most importantly, it secures you from accidents or potential accidents.
5. Obey your road signs: Road signs are put for a reason. Do not make a u-turn where you should not. Obey traffic lights at all times.
6. Maintain a close distance between your car and the next car: This is to ensure that accidents are avoided and you can easily take note of the next driver’s road behavior and actions.
7. Take note of the weather while driving: Particularly when the weather is not sunny, drive with caution and use your headlights when necessary.
8. Know your destination: Before setting out, ensure you have a clear route. you can check your map or your local guide.
It is very important to adhere to safety measures while driving. At Autochek, we consider safety to be very important.